I spent some time today updating my blog layout a bit. I added a left sidebar, widened my header to match up with everything, and changed my background color as well as some text colors. It took me a while to tweak my widths, margins, padding, etc. to the right proportions, but I think the majority of my work is done. I'm still toying with the idea of creating separate boxes for each of my posts and changing a few fonts in the near future.
Changing my layout is slow going since I have essentially no knowledge of code; I do most of my work by trial and error. I even "made up" a couple of parameters that seemed like they ought to work - and found out that they did!
Take a look at my new design, and let me know what you think!